- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Before Rick Reilly strong-armed Stuart Scott into crediting his Twitter feed for reporting news everyone already knew, he was already a target of the blogosphere – mostly due to his recycled columns and absurdly cheesy one-liners. We didn’t think the target on his back could get any bigger, or that other well-known journalists would jump aboard the Reilly hate train. Well, both of those things happened.
Paul Bissonnette is a forward on the Phoenix Coyotes. He is also very popular on Twitter, sporting nearly 135,000 followers. That second piece of information, the one about Twitter, is important for our purposes here.
Bissonnette, like most young men, likes to go on dates with pretty girls. There are three things about his situation, though, that make him unique among the mid-20s Phoenix dating pool. One is his income (terms of the two-year contract he signed in 2010 were not initially disclosed, but CapGeek places its value at $1.225 million). Another is the fact that he’s a pro athlete. The third is that Twitter account.
Someone who works for the Atlanta Falcons had a potentially cool ad campaign idea – a slogan, “Rise Up,” sung by a gospel chorus. But they needed someone persuasive to sell the slogan – and did they ever find him.