- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Dr. J Gave A Beautiful Description Of Basketball In Describing Why He Doesn’t Like Describing Basketball
Ever wonder why Julius “Dr. J” Erving’s career as an NBA analyst was so short-lived? It was a conscious decision, and Dr. J’s reasoning gave way to perhaps the most beautiful description of basketball we’ve ever seen.
Welcome to a special edition of SportsGrid’s “Shut Up,” (pronounced: “shut up… comma”) where we add a name after the comma, telling that person to stop saying words, because they’re being stupid. This week, we tell Julius Erving, also known as Dr. J, that he needs to shut up before he loses our respect entirely.
Not all athletes are meant to be in front of the camera. SportsGrid recently spent some time combing through the incredibly extensive history of bad athlete commercials, and collected some of the best/worst for your enjoyment/horror. Check ‘em out, and be secure in the knowledge that pro athletes definitely aren’t superhuman.
This post is about video of a spectacular dunk. “But,” you protest, “Blake Griffin didn’t even have a game last night!” Good point, hypothetical reader, but the one you see after the jump, courtesy of the Sixers’ Andre Iguodala, is also well worth your time.