- Jozy Altidore Sets U.S. Record With Goal, Further Erases Memories Of Landon Donovan
- The Prancing Elites All-Male Dance Team Will One Day Rule The Sports World
- Shame Of Miami: Police Called As Heat Fans Who Left Early Pound On Doors To Be Let Back In
- Think Hitting One R.A. Dickey Knuckleball is Hard? Try Hitting Six At Once
- FIFA Rules Male Players Can Wear Turbans, Overruling CSA
Here are your best sports tweets for Wednesday, September 19. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. See anything that should be on SportsGrid? Send it to email@example.com. Now, our morning words of wisdom.
USC quarterback Matt Barkley had a rough day yesterday. Not only did Stanford pull of the upset over the Trojans, but Barkley himself had a terrible game, completing just 20 of 41 passes and throwing two interceptions, not to mention getting sacked twice on the final drive and throwing the ball out of bounds on fourth-and-39. It doesn’t get much worse than that.
The USC Trojans recently put up 30 billboards around Southern California featuring a hopeful Matt Barkley’s face and the slogan, “We Play To Finish” emblazoned to the left. That’s OK. What wasn’t OK for someone, or some entity, was the fact that one of those billboards was a short walk from UCLA’s campus. The details, after the jump.
Matt Barkley is staying at USC. The Trojan quarterback, who was projected to be a first round pick had he declared for the NFL draft, will remain in Southern California for his senior year. The announcement, which was made in front of a Christmas tree at USC’s Heritage Hall, was certainly not without drama.