- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
new jersey devils
Because play doesn’t stop until the offending team touches the puck, the Carolina Hurricanes exchanged goaltender Dan Ellis for an extra attacker, assuming that the Devils couldn’t score without touching the puck. Very reasonable grounds for pulling the goalie, right? Because how can you score without touching the puck? It’s like a riddle. The answer and the video after the jump.
Of course, the main story of last night’s Stanley Cup Finals action was that the Kings won the Cup. It’s what you wait all year to see. But that’s not all people were interested in.
A brutal boarding penalty, in which the Devils’ Steve Bernier sent the Kings’ Rob Scuderi to the ice bloody, essentially doomed the Devils tonight. During the ensuing five-minute penalty, the Kings scored three goals, putting the game out of reach early. Video after the jump.
Well, the Devils lived to fight another day last night, downing the Kings 3-1 and forcing a Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals, to be played in Newark on Saturday. Especially impressive was how they fought through… certain distractions to do it.
Surprise, guy! Ain’t nothing like a smelling salt punch right to the brain. Clearly, Ilya Kovalchuk was doing his part last night, and can’t be blamed for the Devils’ Game 1 loss. [Reddit]