- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
new orleans pelicans
— Brian Floyd (@BrianMFloyd) March 28, 2014
Welcome Otey the Swamp Possum, adorable new mascot for the Arkansas Travelers (a portion of your soul shrivels up and leaves your body).
Welcome to “Pretty Much Screwed,” our definitive guide to the upcoming NBA season. This team-by-team preview details why it’s probably not your favorite team’s year. Today: Let’s discuss the New Orleans Pelicans. Spoiler: they’re screwed.
The Charlotte Bobcats will be given permission by the NBA today to change their name to the Hornets, according to a report by the Charlotte Observer. This is big news, mostly because there’s literally no sports going on today. Chances are, the name isn’t going to rub off and the Bobcats will still suck.
Today at 4 p.m. Eastern time, the New Orleans Hornets will announce a new name and logo[s]. We’ve long known that the name will be the Pelicans, but the logo’s another story. After the jump, though, take a look at a logo that might – emphasis on might – be legit, and see what you think.
99designs, the crowdsourcing logo design service where users compete for prize money, is holding a contest in which its legion of art school grads attempt to brand the unbrandable: the New Orleans Pelicans, that laughing stock of pro sports mascotery. The results, though, are surprisingly good. See the logos, after the jump.
When news broke that the New Orleans Hornets planned to eventually change their name to the Pelicans, reaction was divided mostly into love-it-or-hate-it camps. But if the logo winds up looking anything like this, here’s hoping everyone comes on board.