- Pretty Much Screwed: Why Your Team Won't Win The 2014 NBA Championship
- Here's How You Improve Golf's TV Ratings: More Mind-Blowing Trick Shots
- Best Job In Sports? Probably Michelle Jenneke's Butt-Masseuser
- A Formula 1 Pit Stop In 1950 Vs. Today's Is Pretty Damn Cool
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
A highly anticipated Oregon 5A state championship game, between schools Springfield and Willamette, ended up being one the biggest duds in recent memory. The final score was 16-7. The halftime score was 4-0. And Willamette had one possession that lasted almost the entire second quarter. Because rather than play basketball, Willamette coach Paul Brothers decided on a radically different, and incredibly frustrating, stalling tactic. The result: possibly the worst basketball game ever recorded. See “highlights” and reactions after the jump.
Oregon State suffered the most embarrassing loss in its history last week when it fell to FCS school Sacramento State. If you were looking for a sign they’d bounce back this week, well, their first drive went 3-and-out followed by a punt of -4 yards. Video after the cut.
Just last February, Tyler Thomas was a kid from Montana who’d made good, heading to Oregon State – a fine program – on a football scholarship. Now, a mere 1.5 years later, Thomas finds himself off the team, thanks to one bizarre weekend arrest.