- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Magic Johnson was a guest on HBO’s Real Sports, and was asked about, among other things, his efforts to make Dwight Howard a Laker. One of Magic’s sales pitches: you’ll get to play with Kobe, the league’s “ultimate closer.” And that would sound nice – if it weren’t totally wrong.
Bryant Gumbel Compares NBA To Slavery, Calls Commissioner David Stern A “Modern Plantation Overseer”
Well, this will keep people talking for a while (indeed, today’s Outside the Lines is already set to address it). In his closing statements on HBO’s Real Sports last night, Bryant Gumbel lit into NBA commissioner David Stern, calling him “part of the problem” in the ongoing lockout…and something much more controversial.
Last night on HBO, Rich Rodriguez argued that a college scholarship was adequate compensation for college athletes. Jason Whitlock…disagreed.
Remember earlier this month when Sports Illustrated’s Peter King tweeted at his followers to tell him where they were reading his Monday Morning Quarterback column? Now comes that tweet, from King’s POV.