- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Sloan Stephens upset Serena in this year’s Australian Open Quarterfinal. Literally. Then Serena got on the internet and tossed a not-so-cryptic jab at the 20-year-old. So it’s no surprise Sloan is firing back in this week’s ESPN The Magazine. All the juicy beef you can handle after the jump.
Every so often an athlete comes out of nowhere to accomplish something great and becomes an overnight sensation. The Olympics are especially good at producing these kinds of athletes, but other sports can do the same thing – and America’s latest athletic sweetheart comes from the tennis world. After the jump, meet Sloane Stephens, who exploded onto the scene by beating Serena Williams in the Australian Open quarterfinals.
What Happened Last Night: Kevin Durant Was His Usual Inhuman Self, And The Next Next Big Thing In American Tennis Was Born
Well, the Aussie Open is getting very interesting… which we promise we’ll get to eventually. First, per usual, comes basketball. Here goes.