- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Today in “things we just thought you should know”: Kobe might be a demanding teammate, but he can also be a remarkably accommodating one. Specifically, he helps teammates get around. Read the anecdote after the jump and we’re confident you’ll be convinced.
The Lakers are down 0-2 in their series with the Thunder, but they had a definite chance to steal Game 2 in OKC last night. With 5.7 seconds left, and LA down one, they had time for one last play. But instead of a Kobe Bryant jumper, they were forced to settle for a Steve Blake corner three. The Lakers lost, 77-75, hence the 0-2 hole. So what happened?
When asked “Do you think Matt Barnes of the Lakers is the first tough guy they’ve had in years?” Jason Terry responded by calling Barnes “The Charminator.”
The Lakers-Mavericks fight last night, which included a player shoving an opposing team’s assistant coach, would have been enough action for the night…and then, a partially-naked fan tried to rush the court.
Last night featured the endlessly hyped Miami Heat debut of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. Of course, it failed to live up to that hype…but another, much less-talked-about free agent delivered in a different contest.