- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
If we had to assign a grade to Major League Baseball for the way they scheduled this year’s World Series, they would get a solid “D.” As in, derp.
Generally, the concept of a “stand alone” episode classically refers to an outlier chapter of a linear storyline, or a break from the serial plot of a TV show that can be watched independently of the overall arc. But that’s not entirely true. Stand alones don’t necessarily have to deviate from a continuous story to qualify. There’s another way to accomplish this: Change the structure.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, world famous for his five blog posts for the Huffington Post is back with a sixth! He also happens to be the all-time NBA points leader, but WHO CARES? He’s got a few insightful things to say about the HBO series Girls and he’s about to throw up a sky hook…of CULTURAL WISDOM.