- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Did He Just Say Funky Butt Loving? Umpire Nails Pitcher With Ill-Timed Throw, Announcers React With Weird Commentary
Umpire Paul Schrieber was in the zone last night, as he effortlessly whipped a baseball into the chest of Astros pitcher, Brad Peacock. Awkward. Then the announcers addressed it. I’ll let you decide if what was said is creepy. “The throw from the home plate umpire gets…a little piece of peacock,” and, “Looks like it hit him in the left pec.”
Being a home plate umpire isn’t an easy job. You’ve got tons of calls to make every night, and you’ll get the vast majority right… but you know that no one will notice unless you screw something up. Oh, and you also might get kicked in the face.
The Milwaukee Brewers’ Zack Greinke was ejected last night in the bottom of the first inning in his start against the Houston Astros after a bang-bang play at first base in which umpire Sam Holbrook ruled Jose Altuve safe. Check out the video, after the jump.
Because not every sports story can transcend traditional boundaries and become a commentary on race, politics and culture, here’s a video of an umpire taking a Stephen Strasberg fastball to the… slow… balls?
Last night, during the White Sox and Blue Jays game, home plate umpire Gary Cederstrom forgot what the count was. So after a brief conversation with Adam Dunn, he sheepishly went to the White Sox dugout to call someone who knew. A difficult few minutes on the job after the jump.