- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
We’ve all experienced an instance where our team gets screwed over by some seemingly arbitrary rule that was made up by some bureaucrat that tried to make life easy and objective for the officials and sports’ governing bodies. Eff that, I say.
Did He Just Say Funky Butt Loving? Umpire Nails Pitcher With Ill-Timed Throw, Announcers React With Weird Commentary
Umpire Paul Schrieber was in the zone last night, as he effortlessly whipped a baseball into the chest of Astros pitcher, Brad Peacock. Awkward. Then the announcers addressed it. I’ll let you decide if what was said is creepy. “The throw from the home plate umpire gets…a little piece of peacock,” and, “Looks like it hit him in the left pec.”
Being a home plate umpire isn’t an easy job. You’ve got tons of calls to make every night, and you’ll get the vast majority right… but you know that no one will notice unless you screw something up. Oh, and you also might get kicked in the face.
The Milwaukee Brewers’ Zack Greinke was ejected last night in the bottom of the first inning in his start against the Houston Astros after a bang-bang play at first base in which umpire Sam Holbrook ruled Jose Altuve safe. Check out the video, after the jump.
Because not every sports story can transcend traditional boundaries and become a commentary on race, politics and culture, here’s a video of an umpire taking a Stephen Strasberg fastball to the… slow… balls?