- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Here’s A 360-Degree Tennis Shot From Agnieszka Radwanska That You Should Probably Watch
Agnieszka Radwanska beat Kirsten Flipkens Tuesday night in the Sony Open quarterfinals. But you probably don’t care about that; you care about this near-360-degree backhand volley Radwanska improvised after the ball hit the net cord. It was a great shot, and one of the better shots we’ve seen all year.
OK. Maybe I’m just being a grinch, but this shot got an unusual amount of attention. It was No. 1 on SportsCenter‘s Top 10, and I’ve seen it called the “shot of the year” by multiple intelligent people. That’s probably because the WTA suggested it first. Calm down, WTA, you’re biased.
@wta amazing.. I felt like mcenroe “are you serieous?!”
— Kirsten Flipkens (@FlipperKF) March 27, 2013
Nice American tennis pop culture joke by the Belgian!
It was a great shot, but I think the announcer had it right when he called it the “shot of the tournament, so far.” It was the most recent great shot, but when THIS FREAKING SHOT HAPPENED THIS YEAR, it’s unfair to give Radwanska’s shot the superlative. Enjoy the shot, but calm down a bit, WTA and Co.
- Filed Under:
- Agnieszka Radwanska
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement