- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Here’s A 360-Degree Tennis Shot From Agnieszka Radwanska That You Should Probably Watch
Agnieszka Radwanska beat Kirsten Flipkens Tuesday night in the Sony Open quarterfinals. But you probably don’t care about that; you care about this near-360-degree backhand volley Radwanska improvised after the ball hit the net cord. It was a great shot, and one of the better shots we’ve seen all year.
OK. Maybe I’m just being a grinch, but this shot got an unusual amount of attention. It was No. 1 on SportsCenter‘s Top 10, and I’ve seen it called the “shot of the year” by multiple intelligent people. That’s probably because the WTA suggested it first. Calm down, WTA, you’re biased.
@wta amazing.. I felt like mcenroe “are you serieous?!”
— Kirsten Flipkens (@FlipperKF) March 27, 2013
Nice American tennis pop culture joke by the Belgian!
It was a great shot, but I think the announcer had it right when he called it the “shot of the tournament, so far.” It was the most recent great shot, but when THIS FREAKING SHOT HAPPENED THIS YEAR, it’s unfair to give Radwanska’s shot the superlative. Enjoy the shot, but calm down a bit, WTA and Co.
- Filed Under:
- Agnieszka Radwanska
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Top 10: The Best Title Fights