- Should We Be Concerned About Fantasy Stars Coming Back From Injury?
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 St. Louis Rams Season Preview
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Andy Murray Becomes First Male Scot-Britton-Thingy To Win Wimbledon In 10,000 Years, Wonders Around Centre Court Thanking People (VIDEO)
After almost getting there last year against Federer, Andy Murray is Wimbledon Champion, beating Novak Djokovic 6-4, 7-5, 6-4. He then proceeded to climb around Centre Court thanking everybody because Andy Murray is like, the nicest dude ever. A fitting end to a 77 year drought. How’s this: The last Briton to win Wimbledon was Fred Perry.
Ya, the clothing company dude (he played tennis, first). So what the hell is a “Briton” anyway? Go go gadget Wikipedia!
Briton: (n.) British people, citizens of the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, or of one of the British Overseas Territories.
Andy Murray is from Scotland, so he qualifies. Now that semantics are out of the way, we can talk about how huge this moment is for Wimbledon, the UK, and tennis in general, for the next 364 days.
UPDATE: Murray keeps being asked to cry by reporters, doesn’t.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs