- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Andy Murray Becomes First Male Scot-Britton-Thingy To Win Wimbledon In 10,000 Years, Wonders Around Centre Court Thanking People (VIDEO)
After almost getting there last year against Federer, Andy Murray is Wimbledon Champion, beating Novak Djokovic 6-4, 7-5, 6-4. He then proceeded to climb around Centre Court thanking everybody because Andy Murray is like, the nicest dude ever. A fitting end to a 77 year drought. How’s this: The last Briton to win Wimbledon was Fred Perry.
Ya, the clothing company dude (he played tennis, first). So what the hell is a “Briton” anyway? Go go gadget Wikipedia!
Briton: (n.) British people, citizens of the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, or of one of the British Overseas Territories.
Andy Murray is from Scotland, so he qualifies. Now that semantics are out of the way, we can talk about how huge this moment is for Wimbledon, the UK, and tennis in general, for the next 364 days.
UPDATE: Murray keeps being asked to cry by reporters, doesn’t.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.