- Flop Life: Buy Vlade Divac's Fantastic Modern Home In Southern California
- Raptors Bringing Back Old-School Jerseys Next Season
- Todd McShay Is Convinced That The Texans Aren't Taking Johnny Manziel
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Andy Murray Becomes First Male Scot-Britton-Thingy To Win Wimbledon In 10,000 Years, Wonders Around Centre Court Thanking People (VIDEO)
After almost getting there last year against Federer, Andy Murray is Wimbledon Champion, beating Novak Djokovic 6-4, 7-5, 6-4. He then proceeded to climb around Centre Court thanking everybody because Andy Murray is like, the nicest dude ever. A fitting end to a 77 year drought. How’s this: The last Briton to win Wimbledon was Fred Perry.
Ya, the clothing company dude (he played tennis, first). So what the hell is a “Briton” anyway? Go go gadget Wikipedia!
Briton: (n.) British people, citizens of the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, or of one of the British Overseas Territories.
Andy Murray is from Scotland, so he qualifies. Now that semantics are out of the way, we can talk about how huge this moment is for Wimbledon, the UK, and tennis in general, for the next 364 days.
UPDATE: Murray keeps being asked to cry by reporters, doesn’t.
- The Top American Winter Olympians
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- Legacy Lost: Patriots Overmatched by Manning and the Denver Broncos
- Colin Kaepernick Self-Destructs In Fourth Quarter As 49ers Lose