- SIR CHARLES IN CHARGE: The 14 Best #NBASitcoms
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Let's Play 'Find Everyone On The Clippers A New Team To Play For'
- Did Rays' Pitcher Joel Peralta Contract A Mosquito-Borne Tropical Illness?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Andy Murray Becomes First Male Scot-Britton-Thingy To Win Wimbledon In 10,000 Years, Wonders Around Centre Court Thanking People (VIDEO)
After almost getting there last year against Federer, Andy Murray is Wimbledon Champion, beating Novak Djokovic 6-4, 7-5, 6-4. He then proceeded to climb around Centre Court thanking everybody because Andy Murray is like, the nicest dude ever. A fitting end to a 77 year drought. How’s this: The last Briton to win Wimbledon was Fred Perry.
Ya, the clothing company dude (he played tennis, first). So what the hell is a “Briton” anyway? Go go gadget Wikipedia!
Briton: (n.) British people, citizens of the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, or of one of the British Overseas Territories.
Andy Murray is from Scotland, so he qualifies. Now that semantics are out of the way, we can talk about how huge this moment is for Wimbledon, the UK, and tennis in general, for the next 364 days.
UPDATE: Murray keeps being asked to cry by reporters, doesn’t.
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?