- Davis, Rainey & Brown Among Top Week 3 Waiver Options
- Can The NFL's Off-The-Field Violence Problem Be A Symptom Of Widespread PTSD?
- Massive Freak J.J. Watt Might Become A Serious Tight End Option For The Texans
- Don't Be Offended By This 'Ray Rice Makeup Tutorial' Video: It's Brilliant
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Here’s A Look At Sabine Lisicki, The German Who Stunned Serena Williams At Wimbledon
Sabine Lisicki, the 23rd-ranked female tennis player in the world, stunned Serena Williams today at Wimbledon in a very close match. Following the match, the world collectively asked: Who is Sabine Lisicki? I am here to answer that question for you.
Lisicki is 23 years old and is from Troisdorf, West Germany, although she lives in Bradenton, Florida where she trains under Nick Bollettieri. She had a breakout year in 2007 on the ITF circuit, moving up from a 497th ranking to 198th and winning two tournaments. She played in her first Grand Slam in 2008 at the Australia Open, defeating 16th-seeded Dinara Safina and going on to the third round where she lost to Carolina Wozniacki.
At Wimbledon in 2009, Lisicki made a run to the quarterfinals before losing again to Dinara Safina, who was ranked No. 1 in the world at the time. In March of 2010, she injured her ankle at the Indian Wells Masters and missed five months of tennis, dropping out of the top 100.
But she had a great year in 2011, winning her second WTA title at the Aegon Classic. She went on to make it to the semifinals at Wimbledon later that year before losing in straight sets to Maria Sharapova. She went on to be named WTA Comeback Player of the Year in 2011. Lisicki later made it to the quarterfinals at Wimbledon in 2012.
Her highest ever ranking was No. 12, reached on May 21st last year, but she has since dropped down to No. 23. She is an aggressive baseliner with a powerful shot and hits with a lot of topspin. Lisicki holds the record for the fastest serve in women’s tennis at 130 mph. She is apparently nicknamed “Boom Boom” for her powerful serve, and not for her physical assets.
Oh, but I forgot the most important part. Lisicki is a total babe. Check out this slideshow:
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship