- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
He May Have Lost Today’s Epic Wimbledon Semifinal, But Juan Martin Del Potro Was Unreal In The Fourth Set Tiebreak
There’s no shame in losing to the world’s best tennis player, as Juan Martin del Potro did today. Another massive upset wasn’t in the cards at Wimbledon as Novak Djokovic pulled out a 7-5, 4-6, 7-6 (2), 6-7 (6), 6-3 victory in the day’s first match It was the longest men’s semifinal in Wimbledon history and it had no shortage of amazing moments. But the effort by del Potro to stave off double match point in the fourth set was the best.
The three points shown in this video (footage courtesy ESPN, via BI Sports) are everything we love about tennis. It’s such an emotional, exhausting sport, and watching del Potro guts out two incredible points to save the match, plus a third to take the set, showcased all of his ability and passion. The Wimbledon crowd showed him serious love for it, and we would like to do the same:
- If World Cup Countries Were College Football Teams
- The 5 Most Hazardous Sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?