- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Redfoo From LMFAO Is Trying For A Pro Tennis Career
No, this is not an Onion or Weekly World News article.
Redfoo of LMFAO, also known by his real name Stefan Gordy, will play in the USTA Northern California Ssectional qualifying tournament in Salinas, California, with his 17-year-old pupil Ayaka Okuno. It should be noted that Redfoo is 37.
Redfoo actually previously played tennis as a junior and has attended some Grand Slam tournaments, so this news is only slightly out of nowhere instead of completely out of nowhere.
Redfoo isn’t alone. Actor Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh on NBC’s “Heroes”) has also entered singles and mixed doubles in the USTA Eastern Sectional qualifying tournament from June 9-15 at the USTA Billie Jean King Tennis Center. Like Redfoo, Ramamurthy played as a junior and is also pushing 40 (he’s 38).
The moral of the story is, as always, that rich people can do pretty much whatever they want. Do you think you’d get a chance to play pro tennis at almost 40? Do you think you could get a tryout for even the NBA D-league at almost 40? Is my subconscious fantasy showing?
Not to sound too bitter, but I hope both of these guys fail miserably. And that’s real.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story