- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Michael Llodra Embarrassed Himself While Getting Routed By Andy Murray At The U.S. Open
After a ridiculously late start due to rain delays, U.S. Open defending champ Andy Murray handily dispatched Michael Llodra 6-2, 6-4, 6-3 to move on to the second round. Llodra, for some reason, tried serving underhand in the third set, and later threw his racket in the air on the final point. Ha ha, very funny, except that it wasn’t.
Here’s Llodra serving underhand:
And at the seven minute mark, watch him give up on the point entirely and concede the match to Murray:
Here’s the thing about tennis, more so than any other sport: It isn’t over until it’s over. The nature of the game makes it so Murray is really only up two to zero, and though he was a few points away from closing it out, it was well within the realm of possibility for Llodra to make a comeback.
Would Murray really have dropped three straight sets in the first round? Probably not. We’ll never know now, will we? Tennis is an emotional game, but you gotta keep it together for a match on national TV — even one that ended at 11:33 p.m. local time.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row