- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Michael Llodra Embarrassed Himself While Getting Routed By Andy Murray At The U.S. Open
After a ridiculously late start due to rain delays, U.S. Open defending champ Andy Murray handily dispatched Michael Llodra 6-2, 6-4, 6-3 to move on to the second round. Llodra, for some reason, tried serving underhand in the third set, and later threw his racket in the air on the final point. Ha ha, very funny, except that it wasn’t.
Here’s Llodra serving underhand:
And at the seven minute mark, watch him give up on the point entirely and concede the match to Murray:
Here’s the thing about tennis, more so than any other sport: It isn’t over until it’s over. The nature of the game makes it so Murray is really only up two to zero, and though he was a few points away from closing it out, it was well within the realm of possibility for Llodra to make a comeback.
Would Murray really have dropped three straight sets in the first round? Probably not. We’ll never know now, will we? Tennis is an emotional game, but you gotta keep it together for a match on national TV — even one that ended at 11:33 p.m. local time.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts