- Flop Life: Buy Vlade Divac's Fantastic Modern Home In Southern California
- Raptors Bringing Back Old-School Jerseys Next Season
- Todd McShay Is Convinced That The Texans Aren't Taking Johnny Manziel
- Presenting The Portland Raiders: Everyone In The Black Hole Will Wear Flannel
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Apparently Novak Djokovic Bought The Entire Supply Of Donkey Cheese In Serbia
First, Novak Djokovic. Also, there’s a certain cheese exclusively produced on a reserve in Serbia from donkey milk, and it’s supposed to be really rare. And apparently it’s the most expensive cheese in the world, worth €1,000 per kilo. Here’s what it tastes like, according to The Telegraph:
“The white, crumbly cheese has been described as similar to Spanish Manchego cheese, but with a deeper, richer taste.”
Here are some other fun facts about donkey milk, maybe:
“Ancient Egyptian Queen Cleopatra is known to have bathed in donkey’s milk in order to save the beauty of her skin. It was also used as a form of disinfectant in ancient times. The Greeks regarded it as an excellent remedy for ailments, while the Romans considered it a luxury drink. Hippocrates would recommend it for treating different kinds of diseases, as well as a remedy against poisoning and for healing wounds.”
And more facts!
“Donkey milk is said to be very healthy for humans as it has anti-allergen properties, contains only one per cent milk fat, and is drunk only fresh because precious ingredients get lost if boiled.
One of these is vitamin C, which is present in donkey milk in 60 times larger quantities compared to cows’ milk.”
So how is Novak Djokovic involved, exactly? Well the No. 1 ranked player in the world decided to buy a year’s supply of the stuff for a chain of restaurants he’s opening in his home country of Serbia. Which means he also now owns all the donkey cheese in the world, which is something.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager