- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Roger Federer Falls To Some Guy Named Sergiy Who Reportedly Plays Tennis
The pair battled for four sets, Federer took the first and Sergiy gutted out the final three sets for a 6-7, 7-6, 7-5, 7-6 victory. This is Federer first exit before the quarterfinals of a grand slam since the 2004 French Open. The loss came at Wimbledon too, Federer’s favorite venue where he is a seven-time champion.
Why did he lose?
Almost certainly footwear choice. The greatest advertisement for Federer’s tennis shoe just fell into Nike’s lap. The Day the Wimbledon brass banned his orange-soled shoes is the day he loses. Federer just validated every absurd shoe advertisement out there. So much for hard work and dedication.
Why are so many big names out of the tournament?
The casualties after one and half rounds are: Rodger Federer, Victoria Azarenka, Rafael Nadal, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and John Isner. A record seven players dropped out today via withdraw, a Wimbledon record in the open era. Is playing in grand slams becoming uncool? Are tennis players becoming hipsters that don’t want to play in the “mainstream tournament”? It sure looks like it.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts