- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Roger Federer Falls To Some Guy Named Sergiy Who Reportedly Plays Tennis
The pair battled for four sets, Federer took the first and Sergiy gutted out the final three sets for a 6-7, 7-6, 7-5, 7-6 victory. This is Federer first exit before the quarterfinals of a grand slam since the 2004 French Open. The loss came at Wimbledon too, Federer’s favorite venue where he is a seven-time champion.
Why did he lose?
Almost certainly footwear choice. The greatest advertisement for Federer’s tennis shoe just fell into Nike’s lap. The Day the Wimbledon brass banned his orange-soled shoes is the day he loses. Federer just validated every absurd shoe advertisement out there. So much for hard work and dedication.
Why are so many big names out of the tournament?
The casualties after one and half rounds are: Rodger Federer, Victoria Azarenka, Rafael Nadal, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and John Isner. A record seven players dropped out today via withdraw, a Wimbledon record in the open era. Is playing in grand slams becoming uncool? Are tennis players becoming hipsters that don’t want to play in the “mainstream tournament”? It sure looks like it.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?