- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Samuel L. Jackson Tells Everyone To ‘STFU’ About The ‘Awkward Victoria Beckham’ Vine
Our story so far: Samuel L. Jackson sat next to David and Victoria Beckham in the Royal Box at Wimbledon on Sunday for the Djokovic-Federer final, and someone captured a video of Jackson and Mrs. Beckham sharing an awkward moment — as if they were most uncomfortable sitting in each others’ presence. (Video below).
Social media and the blogosphere had a great time with it:
Posh Spice and Samuel L. Jackson shared an awkward moment at Wimbledon. http://t.co/gKuG2zb0Bb
— Gawker (@Gawker) July 7, 2014
But Jackson was not amused:
Lotta Bullshit goin' round, I had a ball sitting next to @victoriabeckham at Wimbledon yesterday! Truly Lovely!STFU!!
— Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) July 7, 2014
And this would tend to back up Jackson’s claim that the two were actually having a good time:
— Divya (@divyakbye) July 7, 2014
The moral here? Any five-second video can be taken out of context, and social media excels at that. Or to put it another way, the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
- Filed Under:
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row