- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The Australian Open: So Hot Right Now
The Australian Open is off to a blazing start, as many of the competitors feverishly battle it out to become the hottest tennis player on the circuit… alright, that’s enough.
It’s really hot in Australia right now. It hasn’t been this hot in 100 years. The temperature rose to 108 degrees Fahrenheit (42 Celsius) at one point. Players and ball girls fainted. Plastic water bottles melted And still the tennis went on, as Open officials have yet to invoke the “Extreme Heat Policy.” That is apparently reserved for when the sun spins out of orbit and crashes into center court.
There are lots of fantastic photos out there of tennis players and fans alike suffering in the heat, but this one of Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA!) “cooling off” during her match against Maria Sharapova is the most visually descriptive, so to speak:
Mattek-Sands lost the first round match, 6-3, 6-4.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts