- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Australian Open: So Hot Right Now
The Australian Open is off to a blazing start, as many of the competitors feverishly battle it out to become the hottest tennis player on the circuit… alright, that’s enough.
It’s really hot in Australia right now. It hasn’t been this hot in 100 years. The temperature rose to 108 degrees Fahrenheit (42 Celsius) at one point. Players and ball girls fainted. Plastic water bottles melted And still the tennis went on, as Open officials have yet to invoke the “Extreme Heat Policy.” That is apparently reserved for when the sun spins out of orbit and crashes into center court.
There are lots of fantastic photos out there of tennis players and fans alike suffering in the heat, but this one of Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA!) “cooling off” during her match against Maria Sharapova is the most visually descriptive, so to speak:
Mattek-Sands lost the first round match, 6-3, 6-4.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts