- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
The Australian Open: So Hot Right Now
The Australian Open is off to a blazing start, as many of the competitors feverishly battle it out to become the hottest tennis player on the circuit… alright, that’s enough.
It’s really hot in Australia right now. It hasn’t been this hot in 100 years. The temperature rose to 108 degrees Fahrenheit (42 Celsius) at one point. Players and ball girls fainted. Plastic water bottles melted And still the tennis went on, as Open officials have yet to invoke the “Extreme Heat Policy.” That is apparently reserved for when the sun spins out of orbit and crashes into center court.
There are lots of fantastic photos out there of tennis players and fans alike suffering in the heat, but this one of Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA!) “cooling off” during her match against Maria Sharapova is the most visually descriptive, so to speak:
Mattek-Sands lost the first round match, 6-3, 6-4.
Photo via Getty
- Extreme Cliff Diving For The Insane
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ