- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
The Incredible 54-Shot Rally Between Novak Djokovic And Rafael Nadal In Yesterday’s U.S. Open Final
Yesterday was the men’s U.S. Open final between top-ranked Novak Djokovic and the number two overall Rafael Nadal. It was, on its face, a relatively easy win for Nadal — he took the match 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 for his 13th Grand Slam — but many of the points were on rallies over 20 shots long. The most epic: a 54-shot battle that encapsulated all the tension of the match in 75 seconds of play.
Take a look:
The fact that Djokovic won the point but went on to lose the match shows how well Nadal is playing. He went 60-3 overall in 2013 with 10 titles including the French Open. He also picked out roughly 2,971 wedgies during that run. With Roger Federer fading fast, it looks like Nadal will be holding court in professional tennis for the foreseeable future.
If you’re wondering, 54 shots is not the record for a Grand Slam rally. That distinction belongs to an 86-shot rally during a 1978 match between Björn Borg and Guillermo Vilas:
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts