- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Lisa Ann Takes 19-Year-Old Notre Dame WR To Knicks Game, Sex Town
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Twitter Was Not Amused By People Calling Andy Murray English
I’ll admit it: I was one of the offenders. I think. When Andy Murray complained about the roof being closed during his Wimbledon semifinal last week, I wrote that he was getting screwed by his own country. Some of you wrote in to say “He’s Scottish!” and, “If it’s not Scottish, it’s crap!”
I’ve seen Braveheart enough times to know that they’re two different countries, but since Murray plays Olympic tennis with a British flag next to his name, couldn’t he be considered … (in Scottish accent) “No, ya bastard! Now pick a window! Pick a window for me to throw ya outa!”
I myself am of Scottish, Irish and English descent, so I should know better. Here’s a sample of Twitter reaction when Murray won.
— Jon Weiner (@Stugotz790) July 9, 2013
Go on Andy boy! Your Scottish – Never British! I'd never be British, always WELSH! @andy_murray Be proud of where your from!
— Glyn Wise (@GlynWise) July 8, 2013
Andy Murray is a Scottish hero, and a British one. It's a petty sort of nationalism that can't accept both http://t.co/aNQ6IL36sG
— Telegraph Blogs (@TelegraphBlogs) July 8, 2013
Lot of messages. I don't write headlines & am well, well aware that Andy Murray is Scottish. Hope you enjoy our piece http://t.co/HgAMZU2YLg
— Christopher Clarey (@christophclarey) July 7, 2013
Daily Mail headline if Andy Murray wins: RULE BRITANNIA! Daily Mail headline if Andy Murray loses: Scottish Tennis Player Out At Wimbledon.
— Dustin Parkes (@dustinparkes) July 5, 2013
— Dave Nelson (@nelbo009) June 26, 2013
Brilliant Andy Murray! If he carries on playing this well, he wont just be British, he'll be English. (Runs away)
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) July 3, 2013
It's been pointed out to me that Andy Murray is not English. He's Welsh. Apologies.
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) July 7, 2013
Always topical, always amusing, always featuring a tiger mauling someone: Next Media Animation weighs in:
“What’s the worst tennis-playing nation in the world?”
“Um, no, tennis isn’t a job.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts