- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- Celebrity Chef Wants To Buy Washington D.C.'s NFL Team Through Kickstarter
- Russians Are Trying To Turn A Wu-Tang Track Into An Olympic Sport
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Video: Novak Djokovic Wins First Wimbledon, Eats Grass
Novak Djokovic is having quite the year. He won the Australian Open, beat Rafael Nadal on clay multiple times leading up to the French Open…but then lost in the semifinals at Roland Garros to a brilliant Roger Federer. And suddenly, despite having lost just that match in 2011, he was relegated to the back burner.
Today, Djokovic beat Nadal again – this time in four sets on grass, 6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3, to win his first Wimbledon title. This wasn’t a shocking result – Djokovic is more than good enough to win any major – but to us, it was still a surprise. We still expect a full-strength Nadal to win every match he plays, and today, Djokovic was too good. When Nadal stormed back and romped to his third-set win, the match was very much up in the air, but Djokovic kept it together and finished Nadal off – one of the toughest tasks in sports.
And if that all wasn’t enough, Djokovic punctuated his win by taking a bit of the Centre Court grass…and eating it. A classic quirky Djokovic moment – winning his self-described favorite tournament, and absolutely being the best tennis player on the planet at the moment – hasn’t changed him a bit. [Les Miles reference.] Video of match point below, grass-eating 45 seconds in, via NBC.
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail
- Bradley Speaks On Showdown With Mayweather
- Manny Pacquiao Claims He Has No Money
- 20 Unbreakable Baseball Records