- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Wimbledon Semifinalist Dropped By Catholic Group Over Nude Photos
Agnieszka Radwanska’s photo shoot for ESPN the Magazine’s The Body Issue went over well ion my house, but over in Poland, apparently not so much.
The Polish Catholic group Youth Crusade, for which Radwanska has worked with in the past, has dropped the 24-year old from Krakow after one of the photos appeared on the cover of a Polish magazine. Here it is:
The youth group is ‘distancing itself” from Radwanska, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Although her modesty remains intact, Radwanska, who has emphasised her Catholic upbringing in the past, has come under fire.
“It’s a shame that someone who has declared their love for Jesus is now promoting the mentality of men looking at a woman as a thing rather than a child of God worthy of respect and love,” said Father Marek Dziewiecki, a senior Catholic priest.
“If she meets a man who she can truly love and establish a happy family and raise Catholic children, then she would probably have to hide these pictures from relatives.”
Radwanska is the No. 4 women’s player in the world, and has been ranked as high as No. 2. She made it to the semifinals at Wimbledon this year, and was one of three players from Poland to make it to the final 16 — along with Jerzy Janowicz and Lukasz Kubot. Janowicz made it to the men’s semis.
According to the Wall Street Journal, approximately 90 percent of the population of Poland identifies itself as Catholic. It’s also the homeland of Pope John Paul II.
Photo: Getty Images.
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?