- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Usain Bolt Peppered With Questions About Politics, Selfies At Commonwealth Games Press Conference
Top three WTF questions from Usian Bolt’s Commonwealth Games press conference on Saturday:
* “Usain, I’ll be honest. None of us in here are here for work — we’re all here as fans. Can we please get a selfie with you?”
(Answer: “After this.”).
* “You’ll be aware that the Commonwealth Games are the friendly Games, with a subtext of human rights. In the past, the Israel and Palestine territories have tried to join the Commonwealth. You’re a man of the world. What is your view?”
(Answer: “For me, I hear about it but I don’t really follow politics so I can’t really comment unless I have the full details.”).
* “Can I just ask you what your opinion is of an independence referendum on Scotland coming up in a couple of months’ time. Have you got any thoughts?”
(Answer: “I didn’t even know that. I’m sorry.”).
I’m all for being tough on athletes during interviews: too often we allow celebrity to give them a free pass when the pertinent questions need to be asked. Asking Barry Bonds about PED use, for instance. But quizzing Usain Bolt over the Isreal-Palestine conflict seems rather pointless, and even selfish.
Bolt will only be running the relays — among then the 4x100m — in these games, but he plans on staying at the Athletes Village and attending many of the other events, among then the Jamaican netball competition.
— sofia hayat (@sofiahayat) July 27, 2014
saw rerun of Usain Bolt press conference. Unreal. The only Scots question not asked was 'would you eat/shag Dolly the Sheep?' #Glasgow2014
— Stewart Weir (@sweirz) July 27, 2014
- Filed Under:
- Usain Bolt
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts