- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Carlos Beltran Single Handedly Beats The Los Angeles Dodgers In Extra Innings
While you can’t blame the Dodgers for being aggressive on the bases in extra innings, testing Carlos Beltran’s arms from shallow right center field is like getting into a fight with a Grizzly bear: You’re going to lose and probably get hurt. Luckily, Mark Ellis emerged unscathed, but the Dodgers 10th inning — with runners on 1st and 3rd — ended, stretching the game even later into the night.
Beltran provided the heroics in the 13th, with two runners on facing Kenley Jansen, as he slapped a ball in the right field corner, ending the party around 1:30 AM EST (making it the longest postseason game for the Dodgers since 1916).
They play Game 2 today at 4:00 PM.
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Photo Gallery: Pacquiao vs. Rios
- The Top 10 Turkeys of the 2013 Season So Far