- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Jovan Belcher’s Family Makes First Public Statement Since Murder-Suicide
For the first time since Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend Kassandra Perkins and subsequently took his own life Saturday morning at the Kansas City Chiefs’ facility, his family has come out and spoken to the public. Courtesy of KSHB in Kansas City, here’s video of the Belcher family’s statement (which begins at around the 30-second mark):
Their statement comes on the heels of the reports of the harrowing final moments of Belcher’s life, which Sports Illustrated’s Peter King published in his Monday Morning Quarterback column. As we start to try and make sense of the tragedy, which will take an undoubtedly long period of time. But at the very least, the Belcher family’s public grieving is starting to give us some limited insight into what he meant as a person, son, and brother to those who were close to him.
This particular report also included written statements from Perkins’ family and Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles and his wife Whitney, who was Perkins’ first cousin. First, from the Perkins family:
“Our hearts are truly broken, for Kasi was a beloved daughter, granddaughter, sister, mother, cousin and friend…Our wish is for Kasi to be remembered for the love she shared with us all.”
And from Charles and his wife:
Kassandra was not only family, but a friend and a loving mother. As my actual family and my Kansas City Chiefs family have been altered forever, we ask that you keep us and most importantly their child in prayer.”
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts