- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jovan Belcher’s Family Makes First Public Statement Since Murder-Suicide
For the first time since Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend Kassandra Perkins and subsequently took his own life Saturday morning at the Kansas City Chiefs’ facility, his family has come out and spoken to the public. Courtesy of KSHB in Kansas City, here’s video of the Belcher family’s statement (which begins at around the 30-second mark):
Their statement comes on the heels of the reports of the harrowing final moments of Belcher’s life, which Sports Illustrated’s Peter King published in his Monday Morning Quarterback column. As we start to try and make sense of the tragedy, which will take an undoubtedly long period of time. But at the very least, the Belcher family’s public grieving is starting to give us some limited insight into what he meant as a person, son, and brother to those who were close to him.
This particular report also included written statements from Perkins’ family and Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles and his wife Whitney, who was Perkins’ first cousin. First, from the Perkins family:
“Our hearts are truly broken, for Kasi was a beloved daughter, granddaughter, sister, mother, cousin and friend…Our wish is for Kasi to be remembered for the love she shared with us all.”
And from Charles and his wife:
Kassandra was not only family, but a friend and a loving mother. As my actual family and my Kansas City Chiefs family have been altered forever, we ask that you keep us and most importantly their child in prayer.”
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers