- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Watch Oscar Pistorius React To His Sentencing
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
A Sign Making Fun Of An ESPN Analyst Was Shown On ESPN Last Night
The Lions’ Calvin Johnson is playing as well as any receiver in football, fully realizing the potential for greatness he’s shown during his NFL career and displayed back in college at Georgia Tech. Through five games he’s caught nine touchdown passes and is on pace for career highs in receptions and yards as well. He’s had trouble, though, winning over former star receiver and ESPN analyst Cris Carter, who over the summer said Johnson isn’t an elite receiver, and even after his fast start this season said Johnson hasn’t quite earned recognition among the top echelon.
Lions fans, understandably, disagree, and Johnson keeps giving them more and more reason to. Last night against the Bears, Johnson caught five balls for 130 yards, including a tremendous 73-yard touchdown. And to celebrate the occasion, one Lions fan gave an old line about Carter a new twist:
The fan’s not wrong. And as tipster Patrick who alerted us to this sign in the first place) points out, it’s funny this sign making fun of an ESPN analyst got so prominently displayed on the network. We’d guess that whoever got that poster on camera probably didn’t know all the backstory…and we’re glad they didn’t. Good sign. Better receiver…and at the moment, no valid argument that he isn’t one of the NFL’s very best.
Calvin Johnson photo by AP (Duane Burleson)
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts