- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
No-No Alert: Jake Arrieta Through Seven Hitless Innings
Cubs starting pitcher Jake Arrieta has gone six innings without allowing the opposing Red Sox to record a hit. In baseball, this is kind of a big deal (even though Tim Lincecum just did it last week).
— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) July 1, 2014
Arrieta’s been on a tear as of late with a 2.05 ERA on the season. Quick, let’s unjinx the jinx we just jinxed him with by saying “no way Jake Arrieta pulls this off.” He’s already had one no-hit bid broken up this year in the seventh by Reds speedster Billy Hamilton.
But this isn’t THAT big of a deal because he’s doing it sober (as far as we know). Never forget what Dock Ellis did in 1970 on LSD. Top this, Arrieta.
UPDATE: Awwwwwwww shucks. Oh well … |
Arrieta can't complete the clean sheet. Stephen Drew breaks up the no-hitter with a clever poke on Arrieta's 120th pitch. @bradfo called it.
— Jason Mastrodonato (@JMastrodonato) July 1, 2014
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw Crashes Bachelorette Party
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee