- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Fed Up With America? You Won’t Be After Seeing Rutgers’ Special Edition Helmets
I think we’re all relieved that this election cycle is only hours from ending. It’s been an exhausting year-and-a-half and you and me, well we’re ready to move on with our lives. But while the election ends, democracy persists and ‘MUHRICA never sleeps. The Rutgers Scarlet Knights have debuted the special edition helmets they’ll wear against Army on Saturday and they are more patriotic than you.
Rutgers debuted helmets like these when they played the Black Knights last season, though their base was white, not silver. And let’s be honest, those weren’t as nearly badass as the new version. More, via NJ.com:
The block “R” on the side is filled in with stars and stripes. There’s also a strip down the middle of the helmet with the same look. The headgear pops with a distinctive splash of red, white and blue.
“We try to do this — and we did it last year for the first time and now we’re fortunate to do it again — when we’re playing Army,” said Rutgers coach Kyle Flood. “And, really, this is just our way of honoring all of the men and women around the world that serve our country and protect our country the entire year.
It’s times like these when we should dwell on what makes America great. As this disheartening election comes to an end, it’s time to turn away from politics and start looking at HELMETS.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts