- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Fed Up With America? You Won’t Be After Seeing Rutgers’ Special Edition Helmets
I think we’re all relieved that this election cycle is only hours from ending. It’s been an exhausting year-and-a-half and you and me, well we’re ready to move on with our lives. But while the election ends, democracy persists and ‘MUHRICA never sleeps. The Rutgers Scarlet Knights have debuted the special edition helmets they’ll wear against Army on Saturday and they are more patriotic than you.
Rutgers debuted helmets like these when they played the Black Knights last season, though their base was white, not silver. And let’s be honest, those weren’t as nearly badass as the new version. More, via NJ.com:
The block “R” on the side is filled in with stars and stripes. There’s also a strip down the middle of the helmet with the same look. The headgear pops with a distinctive splash of red, white and blue.
“We try to do this — and we did it last year for the first time and now we’re fortunate to do it again — when we’re playing Army,” said Rutgers coach Kyle Flood. “And, really, this is just our way of honoring all of the men and women around the world that serve our country and protect our country the entire year.
It’s times like these when we should dwell on what makes America great. As this disheartening election comes to an end, it’s time to turn away from politics and start looking at HELMETS.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row