- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
The Macho Man/Stephanie McMahon Rumor Is Malarkey, According To Hairy, Reliable Source
There’s an old rumor that the reason the late “Macho Man” Randy Savage was never inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame because of a falling out he had with WWE head honcho Vince McMahon, caused by Savage bedding Vince’s daughter, Stephanie. This is something that This is only partly true, according to someone with knowledge of the situation.
That someone is the perpetually unshaven George “The Animal” Steele, who worked next to McMahon and Savage for years. Here’s what he told Sirius 92 when asked about the Stephanie McMahon rumor.
“He was traveling with Vince all the time. Randy was almost like a son, they were really tight. And then one day, we were at a TV meeting, and we got word that Randy, without calling Vince, had left and jumped to the WCW. I had never seen Vince McMahon broken before, he was crushed. It hurt him big time and I don’t think he ever got over that. I think that’s the real problem to be honest with you. I heard all this other stuff that I think is garbage when it comes to Randy and relationships with daughters and all that stuff…..I don’t think that’s anywhere close to the truth.”
Yes, it’s a wrestling rumor (but an important one!). And yes, we’re quoting George Steele as a source. But, I’ll have you know, the man won a Slammy in 1987 for “Best Performance by an Animal.” So there.
- Filed Under:
- macho man randy savage
- What Will The Bears Do Without Cutler?
- Yamanaka Vs. Guevara's Greatest Hits Caught On Film
- The Seven Deadly Sins Of Fantasy Football
- New York Yankees With A $300 Million Spending Plan