- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- A Legitimate, Unbiased, Behind-The-Scenes Look Into The 'Legends Football League'
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Macho Man/Stephanie McMahon Rumor Is Malarkey, According To Hairy, Reliable Source
There’s an old rumor that the reason the late “Macho Man” Randy Savage was never inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame because of a falling out he had with WWE head honcho Vince McMahon, caused by Savage bedding Vince’s daughter, Stephanie. This is something that This is only partly true, according to someone with knowledge of the situation.
That someone is the perpetually unshaven George “The Animal” Steele, who worked next to McMahon and Savage for years. Here’s what he told Sirius 92 when asked about the Stephanie McMahon rumor.
“He was traveling with Vince all the time. Randy was almost like a son, they were really tight. And then one day, we were at a TV meeting, and we got word that Randy, without calling Vince, had left and jumped to the WCW. I had never seen Vince McMahon broken before, he was crushed. It hurt him big time and I don’t think he ever got over that. I think that’s the real problem to be honest with you. I heard all this other stuff that I think is garbage when it comes to Randy and relationships with daughters and all that stuff…..I don’t think that’s anywhere close to the truth.”
Yes, it’s a wrestling rumor (but an important one!). And yes, we’re quoting George Steele as a source. But, I’ll have you know, the man won a Slammy in 1987 for “Best Performance by an Animal.” So there.
- Filed Under:
- macho man randy savage
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends