- People Still Love Buying The Jersey Of The Browns' Backup Quarterback, For Some Reason
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- While Derek Jeter Gets #RE2PECT, Alex Rodriguez Gets A Whole Lot Of #F13K Yous
- Dutch Cyclist Claims He Switched Off Of Both Doomed Malaysian Airlines Flights
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Pete Rose Has Been Forgotten By Topps Like A Scorned Ex-Lover
Baseball cards still exist–and they’re pissed at Pete Rose. Well, not really, but they are refusing to acknowledge Rose’s all-time hits record. Well, not even that, they still recognize 4,256 hits as the most ever, they just won’t attach his name to it. That’s right, Topps is on board with MLB that 4,256 baseballs miraculously hit themselves from 1963-1986. G-G-G-G-Ghost! It’s like that period after your breakup when you pretended all those extra small Hollister shirts were “dad’s hand-me-downs” and not “bad anniversary gifts.”
Maybe they’re trying to appease the MLB, by going all Bud Selig on Charlie Hustle, in order to retain a good relationship. Or maybe they just saw his reality show and wanted to hit him 4,256 times. Either way, both Pete Rose and baseball cards still exist, whether or not they acknowledge each other.
[via USA TODAY, Getty Images]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts