- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
University Of New Hampshire Shot Putter Cuts Career Short To Donate Bone Marrow, Save Life
Cameron Lyle is a senior shot putter at the University of New Hampshire. Two meets remain in his competitive athletic career, one being the America East Championships. He wants to compete in them. But, along with other nice Wildcats, he signed up for the bone marrow registry his sophomore year. Athletes are nice people too, guys. Even the large ones.
He didn’t think anything of it until a few months ago when he received a call from the National Marrow Donor Program telling him there was a possibility of being a match. Just a few weeks ago, the news was more clear. He was a 100 percent match.
“They told me it was a one in 5 million chance of me being a match for a non-family member,” Lyle said. “They gave me the timeline and everything’s been moving quickly after that.”
Lyle will be donating to a 28-year-old male who is suffering from acute lymphoblastic leukemia. By law, Lyle and the recipient must remain anonymous to each other for one year.
“He has six months to live and I have the possibility to buy him a couple more years,” Lyle said.
This is obscenely awesome, and I wish them all the best. Cameron Lyle, you are a good man. I’m sure we all would like to think we’d have made the same decision (and I’m sure many of us would have), but still, it takes a special type of person to sacrifice an important, selfish activity solely to help another human being. Not all people are the worst. Some people are even the best.
- Filed Under:
- nice people
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?