- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
NBA 2K15 Will Feature Ernie Johnson And Shaquille O’Neal, But Not Charles Barkley
Steve Noah of Operation Sports got our hopes up over the latest edition of NBA 2K when he tweeted this on Tuesday:
Inside the NBA studio crew will be featured in NBA 2K15. MORE DETAILS COMING SOON!! @NBAonTNT
— Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) August 19, 2014
Like many of you, the first place you go when you read that tweet is Charles Barkley. Unfortunately for us, hours later, Noah slammed the breaks and officially announced the news.
Just confirmed with 2K Sports. NBA 2K15 will have Ernie Johnson and Shaq. Unfortunately, it will not feature Inside the NBA.
— Steve Noah (@Steve_OS) August 20, 2014
Sports gamers won’t be blessed with commentary from the Round Mound of Rebound in next-gen consoles. This probably means we’ll get the TNT scoreboard and overlay, along with the halftime “analysis” (a reading of stats, basically). Last year, Kevin Harlan, Clark Kellogg and Steve Kerr provided commentary for the game.
The news came just hours before Johnson held a 2K Uncensored roundtable with NBA stars Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, James Harden and Kevin Durant. Durant is on the cover of this year’s game, which goes on sale Oct. 7.
It’s a damn shame that we won’t get to hear Sir Charles on the call with Ernie. I also wonder why they didn’t bring back Kenny Smith, who was part of the early series of the 2K franchise. Instead of hearing Barkley call our created players “turrible” on MyCareer mode, we’ll have to bear with “Shaqtin’ A Fool” and “Birdman, Birdman!” from the Big Aristotle. Let’s just hope we find a glitch for JaVale McGee.
Photo via Getty
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts