- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Little League Coach Suing Own Player For Accidentally Hitting Him With Batting Helmet During Walk-Off Celebration
Now available for your loathing and contempt: Alan Beck, a chiropractor from Roseville, CA (near Sacramento), who is also a Little League coach in nearby Granite Bay. Beck is suing one of his own players for accidentally hitting him in the heel with a batting helmet, after that player tossed it in the air while scoring the winning run in a game this past season. Beck says that the helmet tore his Achilles tendon.
Please hold your boos and profanities until the conclusion of the article, and then form an orderly line. You may curse at Mr. Beck on a first come, first served bas … Hey! Who threw that rock?
Beck is suing for $500,000, which includes “lost wages, and pain and suffering.” The boy’s father, Joe Paris, said at first he thought the lawsuit was a joke.
“Now, I think it’s absurd.”
Paris said his son, now 14, was racing toward home plate to score the winning run during a Lakeside Little League game last spring when the boy threw off his helmet in celebration.
“He was so excited,” Paris said.
In legal papers filed in court, the teen’s former coach, Alan Beck, contends the boy “carelessly threw a helmet, striking Plaintiff’s Achilles tendon and tearing it.”
Although the whole lawsuit is pretty disgusting, and smells of a huge scam, there is one very entertaining aspect. Check out this video, where the intrepid reporter races around third base, with a microphone, to demonstrate what the child did in that game. The rather amusing action begins at the :37 seconds mark.
The case will be heard in March in Placer County court.
When contacted at his home, Beck declined to answer questions regarding his legal filing.
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- Tom Brady Admits Weird Relationship Behavior