- Worst Flop Of The NBA Playoffs So Far? I Think We Have A Winner
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- Let's Watch An Epic Bungee Jump Basketball Shot
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
The (Hilarious) Terror Of Being The Parent Of An Olympian, In One Video
Being the parent of an Olympian has to be a pretty stressful thing. All those years – and money – spent supporting your child’s dream (or your dream to be lived vicariously through them, whatever the case may be). For just one example of what it can take to raise an Olympian, see what the family of American table tennis player Ariel Hsing did here. Then, suddenly, the moment of truth arrives, and one imagines it’s hard to ever be fully prepared for that.
And being the parents of an Olympic gymnast? Even worse. For gymnasts, the competition is especially condensed. Careers can be made and lost in the span of a few minutes. Will all those years of training pay off, or crash to the ground in spectacular fashion? At least the gymnasts are actually out there controlling their own fates. Parents? All they can do is watch. So the reaction you’ll see below, from the mother and father of U.S. gymnast Aly Raisman, is understandable, when one considers everything that went into making the moment possible.
You’ll notice, though: while we say the reaction is understandable, at no point do we say it isn’t hilarious.
Not exactly the stuff of that Procter & Gamble ad, but that’s okay: this was way more real. Who among us hasn’t wanted to let out a primal scream upon intense stress being relieved? None of us, that’s who. Who among us hasn’t contorted violently while watching a sporting event? Well… okay, maybe not everyone’s done that one. But the Raismans did it with gusto – gusto you also can see below in gif form, if you prefer (h/t SB Nation). Oh, and Raisman did great, so maybe her folks will take it a little easier next time oh who are we kidding.
- Filed Under:
- 2012 summer olympics
- Michelle Jenneke Shows Us What She's Got
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Tiger Woods Plays House with Lindsay Vonn
- Rare Photos of Eve and Her Real Life Boyfriend