- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Spring Training Talk: Jose Abreu Is Hot, Cole Hamels Is Not
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
America! HS Cheerleader Breaks Record For Consecutive Backflips
Whatever indignities the Cleveland area may suffer in the world of sports, let it be known that they’ll always have this. Last month a high school junior in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio set the Guinness World Record for most back handsprings. Suck it, China! You too, Putin!
Marie Klein, 16, a cheerleader at Walsh Jesuit High School, beat the previous record of 36 set last year. She accomplished the feat before Walsh’s football game with visiting St. Vincent-St. Mary at Conway Memorial Stadium. A sold-out crowd cheered her on.
“It was crazy,” Klein said. “I loved the way the crowd reacted. My mom was crying. It didn’t feel real at times as I did it. I almost passed out, but I kept going. I am real excited to have the record. Now I want to break my own record.”
As you can see in the video, she actually completed 40 backflips: a record that surely will never be broken … at least not in Illinois:
- Filed Under:
- High school sports
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?