- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- How The World Series Could Be Decided By The Right Field Wall At AT&T Park
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
America! HS Cheerleader Breaks Record For Consecutive Backflips
Whatever indignities the Cleveland area may suffer in the world of sports, let it be known that they’ll always have this. Last month a high school junior in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio set the Guinness World Record for most back handsprings. Suck it, China! You too, Putin!
Marie Klein, 16, a cheerleader at Walsh Jesuit High School, beat the previous record of 36 set last year. She accomplished the feat before Walsh’s football game with visiting St. Vincent-St. Mary at Conway Memorial Stadium. A sold-out crowd cheered her on.
“It was crazy,” Klein said. “I loved the way the crowd reacted. My mom was crying. It didn’t feel real at times as I did it. I almost passed out, but I kept going. I am real excited to have the record. Now I want to break my own record.”
As you can see in the video, she actually completed 40 backflips: a record that surely will never be broken … at least not in Illinois:
- Filed Under:
- High school sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts