- The 10 Wackest Sports-Related Moves Of 2013
- It Sounds Like Both RGIII And Mike Shanahan Are Done For The Season [UPDATED]
- This New Billiards Game For PS4 Looks Terrifyingly Real
- College Basketball Top 25: A Lot Of Good Teams Got Dunked On Last Week
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
America! HS Cheerleader Breaks Record For Consecutive Backflips
Whatever indignities the Cleveland area may suffer in the world of sports, let it be known that they’ll always have this. Last month a high school junior in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio set the Guinness World Record for most back handsprings. Suck it, China! You too, Putin!
Marie Klein, 16, a cheerleader at Walsh Jesuit High School, beat the previous record of 36 set last year. She accomplished the feat before Walsh’s football game with visiting St. Vincent-St. Mary at Conway Memorial Stadium. A sold-out crowd cheered her on.
“It was crazy,” Klein said. “I loved the way the crowd reacted. My mom was crying. It didn’t feel real at times as I did it. I almost passed out, but I kept going. I am real excited to have the record. Now I want to break my own record.”
As you can see in the video, she actually completed 40 backflips: a record that surely will never be broken … at least not in Illinois:
- Filed Under:
- High school sports
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- 5 NBA Players Falling From Glory
- The Eagles' Top 5 Potential Quarterbacks For 2014
- When Not Biking, Lebron Rides in Style