- Greg Anthony On CNN: It's 'Your Opinion' That Adrian Peterson Is Guilty
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's Hawaii Mansion On The Market For $5.9 Million, Has Very High Door Frames
- 7 Shitty Things That Happened, Or Didn't Happen, In Fantasy Football: Week 2
- Colin Kaepernick Denies Saying Anything For Landmark 'Inappropriate Language' Penalty
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
America! HS Cheerleader Breaks Record For Consecutive Backflips
Whatever indignities the Cleveland area may suffer in the world of sports, let it be known that they’ll always have this. Last month a high school junior in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio set the Guinness World Record for most back handsprings. Suck it, China! You too, Putin!
Marie Klein, 16, a cheerleader at Walsh Jesuit High School, beat the previous record of 36 set last year. She accomplished the feat before Walsh’s football game with visiting St. Vincent-St. Mary at Conway Memorial Stadium. A sold-out crowd cheered her on.
“It was crazy,” Klein said. “I loved the way the crowd reacted. My mom was crying. It didn’t feel real at times as I did it. I almost passed out, but I kept going. I am real excited to have the record. Now I want to break my own record.”
As you can see in the video, she actually completed 40 backflips: a record that surely will never be broken … at least not in Illinois:
- Filed Under:
- High school sports
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'