- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
America! HS Cheerleader Breaks Record For Consecutive Backflips
Whatever indignities the Cleveland area may suffer in the world of sports, let it be known that they’ll always have this. Last month a high school junior in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio set the Guinness World Record for most back handsprings. Suck it, China! You too, Putin!
Marie Klein, 16, a cheerleader at Walsh Jesuit High School, beat the previous record of 36 set last year. She accomplished the feat before Walsh’s football game with visiting St. Vincent-St. Mary at Conway Memorial Stadium. A sold-out crowd cheered her on.
“It was crazy,” Klein said. “I loved the way the crowd reacted. My mom was crying. It didn’t feel real at times as I did it. I almost passed out, but I kept going. I am real excited to have the record. Now I want to break my own record.”
As you can see in the video, she actually completed 40 backflips: a record that surely will never be broken … at least not in Illinois:
- Filed Under:
- High school sports
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship