- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
How To Become The Coolest Kid In Your Elementary School: Do This
Welcome to the latest installment in SportsGrid’s intermittent series, “How to become the coolest kid in your school.” Most of the previous updates in this series have focused on high school basketball, but today we’re going to take things down a few grade levels – all the way down to third grade, in fact. The third grader in question: Austin Worthen, out of Springfield, Colorado. The moment making Worthen the coolest kid around? That would be this:
Hitting a halfcourt shot all but guarantees you will be the coolest person around no matter what your age group, but in third grade? A shot like that is almost unthinkable. Your friends will worship you, probably talk about the shot in hushed tones for a while, and even after the initial buzz wears off, the shot will probably come up off and on throughout your formative years. Oh, and Worthen’s team apparently won the game in a blowout, too, and he and his team reacted pretty coolly, given how crazy this shot was. Coolest kid status: well-earned.
- Filed Under:
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?