- The Vikings Are The Most Dysfunctional NFL Franchise Of This Century
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- ESPN: Ray Rice Scandal Was A Case Of "Misdirection" And "Scant Investigation"
- We Thought Ticketmaster Was Screwing Us, But Now We Know It
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Where Are The Best Ice Hockey Goal Scoring Celebrations? Of Course You Guessed Australia
The only reason I knew that there was an Australian Ice Hockey League is that they used to have a team called the Gold Coast Blue Tongues, which is one of the greatest nicknames in sports. Alas, that franchise is no more — but we’ve got the Perth Thunder, and they have Ric Del Basso, and that is weird enough.
After scoring the winning goal in a shootout on Saturday night against the Melbourne Ice , Del Basso did this — sliding on his head, then finishing with a headstand and somersault. Ta da! Not recommended for you kids, or anyone outside of Australia, really.
The Thunder web site hasn’t been shy about publicizing this, so why should we be?
- Filed Under:
- Australian Ice Hockey
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Broncos Fans Petition to Get Phil Simms Off Their Games
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen