- NBA Fan Fights Still In Preseason Mode
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Jeremy Lin Posed As An Adidas Employee In Taiwan Over The Summer
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 8
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Where Are The Best Ice Hockey Goal Scoring Celebrations? Of Course You Guessed Australia
The only reason I knew that there was an Australian Ice Hockey League is that they used to have a team called the Gold Coast Blue Tongues, which is one of the greatest nicknames in sports. Alas, that franchise is no more — but we’ve got the Perth Thunder, and they have Ric Del Basso, and that is weird enough.
After scoring the winning goal in a shootout on Saturday night against the Melbourne Ice , Del Basso did this — sliding on his head, then finishing with a headstand and somersault. Ta da! Not recommended for you kids, or anyone outside of Australia, really.
The Thunder web site hasn’t been shy about publicizing this, so why should we be?
- Filed Under:
- Australian Ice Hockey
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts