- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Bikini Basketball League Promises To Further Marginalize Women’s Sports
On the heels of the Lingerie Football League’s success comes another “athletic” association that focuses more on objectification than fundamentals. The Canada-based “Bikini Basketball Entertainment” has a website, Facebook, and a ridiculously suggestive logo.
It also has a horde of critics who say it’s degrading and marginalizes the real gains made in women’s sports — especially basketball.
McMaster University kinesiology professor Kathleen Martin Ginis:
To do this, I think, really minimizes what women had to go through to legitimize their role in mainstream sport. It’s also something you’d never see on the other side of the gender coin [...] Men would see it as degrading. Imagine if we had men’s thong football. It would just be silly.
The BBE league kicks off Wednesday in Houston with an online pay-per-view promising “bikini photo shoots, interviews, tips on fitness, promo updates, basketball games, events, personal appearances, and much more” — in case you were concerned that basketball might have too prominent a role in the Bikini Basketball Entertainment association.
But what if the competitors really can hoop it up, and just happen to be doing it in swimwear?
Let’s go to the videotape:
Okay then. It’s soft-core porn on a basketball court.
- Filed Under:
- Sports And Gender
- 2014 NFL Free Agency: Top 10 Quarterbacks
- Jim Harbaugh Wearing Out His Welcome in SF?
- Cowboys Releasing DeMarcus Ware?
- Jaromir Jagr Is Not Happy Right Now