- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Two Explosions Near The Boston Marathon Finish Line, Dozens Of Casualties Reported
Two unexplained explosions took place near the finish line of the Boston Marathon around 3 p.m. today, across the street from the Lenox Hotel. Early reports say that dozens have been injured.
Mediaite has video footage of what we know to this point:
In this video from TPM (h/t digg) you can see the original explosion taking place, and perhaps the second explosion in the distance. It’s a scary video with audio, so please be warned:
There is a way to track athletes that have finished the race. You can do so here.
UPDATE: The number of casualties being reported fluctuates depending on the outlet, but there are many injured and at least two people killed. We will not continue reporting on the number until it is made official.
Photo via David L. Ryan
Locals have taken to Boston.com offering housing to displaced runners on a Google Doc.
People stepping up to the challenge in all manner of surprising ways.
The marathoners running to the hospital to donate blood after having run 26 miles, that’s the human spirit at its finest.
— J.C. De Leon (@jcdeleon1) April 15, 2013
Couple just reunited. twitter.com/megansarahj/st…
— Megan Johnson (@megansarahj) April 15, 2013
No further updates on this post. Check front page for updated coverage.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts