- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Brutal Fight Breaks Out At Canadian Badminton Tournament
I bet you never expected to see the words “Canadian” and “badminton” in the same headline as “fight,” did you?
Earlier in the match, a warning was issued by the referee following a verbal exchange. The aggressor, Issara, claimed the fight started after Jongjit hit him with his racket.
The beatdown between Bodin Issara (orange) and Maneepong Jongjit (yellow) had some history behind it. The two Thai badminton players were partners on the national team during the 2012 London Olympics. In January, bad blood began to surface between the pairing and left Issara for another partner.
The fight resulted in Issara being disqualified, thus handing the match and the Canadian Open Championship to Jongjit. It’s doubtful the celebrations were too joyful in the locker room after the way Jongjit’s partner backed him up in the scuffle.
- Filed Under:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story