- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Brutal Fight Breaks Out At Canadian Badminton Tournament
I bet you never expected to see the words “Canadian” and “badminton” in the same headline as “fight,” did you?
Earlier in the match, a warning was issued by the referee following a verbal exchange. The aggressor, Issara, claimed the fight started after Jongjit hit him with his racket.
The beatdown between Bodin Issara (orange) and Maneepong Jongjit (yellow) had some history behind it. The two Thai badminton players were partners on the national team during the 2012 London Olympics. In January, bad blood began to surface between the pairing and left Issara for another partner.
The fight resulted in Issara being disqualified, thus handing the match and the Canadian Open Championship to Jongjit. It’s doubtful the celebrations were too joyful in the locker room after the way Jongjit’s partner backed him up in the scuffle.
- Filed Under:
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Anderson Silva Returns to Meet Nick Diaz in Middleweight Clash
- Jermain Taylor Released On Bond
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce