- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Brutal Fight Breaks Out At Canadian Badminton Tournament
I bet you never expected to see the words “Canadian” and “badminton” in the same headline as “fight,” did you?
Earlier in the match, a warning was issued by the referee following a verbal exchange. The aggressor, Issara, claimed the fight started after Jongjit hit him with his racket.
The beatdown between Bodin Issara (orange) and Maneepong Jongjit (yellow) had some history behind it. The two Thai badminton players were partners on the national team during the 2012 London Olympics. In January, bad blood began to surface between the pairing and left Issara for another partner.
The fight resulted in Issara being disqualified, thus handing the match and the Canadian Open Championship to Jongjit. It’s doubtful the celebrations were too joyful in the locker room after the way Jongjit’s partner backed him up in the scuffle.
- Filed Under:
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead