- TOP 13 DUNKS OF 2013-14: Nevada's Deonte Burton Dropped A Yammer
- APOCALYPSE?: A Sports Commissioner Admitted A Mistake And Made Up For It
- Chelsea Handler Claims To Have Talked A Lot Of Shit To A-Rod's Face
- Kirk Cousins Said He'd Welcome Gay Teammate Because 'Nobody's Perfect'
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Yes, This Buzzer-Beating, Full-Court Discus Shot Did Go In
Here’s what we know: some kid in a Wisconsin high school basketball game (Lucas Marty, according to YouTube) grabbed a rebound, heaved the ball full-court as the buzzer sounded and nailed the shot. We’ll presume this wasn’t a game-winning shot of any kind due to the crowd’s subdued reaction, but our intel ends there.
What we want to know, of course, is why the discus-style shot? You’d think the overhand or three-quarters football/baseball throw would be the natural go-to. Truth be told, we had to look up what a discus throw actually looked like. And yes, the shot does look pretty discus-y – minus the whole twirling thing.
- Jim Harbaugh Wearing Out His Welcome in SF?
- Jaromir Jagr Is Not Happy Right Now
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- Peyton Manning's Record Vs. Every NFL Team