- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Penn State Wins Saturday's First Game With Last-Second Field Goal In Dublin
- Fantasy Football Draft Advice: Take A First Round QB, Like B.J. Upton
- Embattled Qatar Is Building An Entire City From Scratch To Host The 2022 World Cup
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Yes, This Buzzer-Beating, Full-Court Discus Shot Did Go In
Here’s what we know: some kid in a Wisconsin high school basketball game (Lucas Marty, according to YouTube) grabbed a rebound, heaved the ball full-court as the buzzer sounded and nailed the shot. We’ll presume this wasn’t a game-winning shot of any kind due to the crowd’s subdued reaction, but our intel ends there.
What we want to know, of course, is why the discus-style shot? You’d think the overhand or three-quarters football/baseball throw would be the natural go-to. Truth be told, we had to look up what a discus throw actually looked like. And yes, the shot does look pretty discus-y – minus the whole twirling thing.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row