- Check Out A-Rod's Latest Flip: A Swanky Hollywood Condo For $3.2 Million
- A Canadian Has Invented Alcohockey (Beer Pong + Air Hockey)
- Shut Up, Lance Armstrong... Love, Keith Olbermann
- You Can Still Play Fantasy, Even If You Didn't Make Your League's Playoffs
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Yes, This Buzzer-Beating, Full-Court Discus Shot Did Go In
Here’s what we know: some kid in a Wisconsin high school basketball game (Lucas Marty, according to YouTube) grabbed a rebound, heaved the ball full-court as the buzzer sounded and nailed the shot. We’ll presume this wasn’t a game-winning shot of any kind due to the crowd’s subdued reaction, but our intel ends there.
What we want to know, of course, is why the discus-style shot? You’d think the overhand or three-quarters football/baseball throw would be the natural go-to. Truth be told, we had to look up what a discus throw actually looked like. And yes, the shot does look pretty discus-y – minus the whole twirling thing.
- 22 Things You Didn't Know About Peyton Manning
- AJ Styles Officially Leaving TNA Wrestling
- Kobe Defends His Massive Extension With The Lakers
- Top Waiver Wire Pickups Headed Into Fantasy Playoffs