- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Chicken Mascot Wearing James Harden Jersey Tackles Streaker In New Zealand Rugby Match
Sure, you dream about this sort of thing every night you have Mexican food, but now it’s really happened. The chicken mascot for a New Zealand Super Rugby team tackled a streaker who interrupted play on Saturday, and now he’s a celebrity. It happened during a match between the Otago Highlanders and Auckland Blues in Dunedin, and we can’t say that this video has gone viral: for one thing, the tackle happened off camera during the match broadcast. We heard about it from Badjocks.com.
“I felt as a mascot it was part of my duty,” he said yesterday. ”I had to stop him at all costs. So I gave it my all, showed some toe and managed to catch him.”
We have many questions.
Why was the chicken wearing a James Harden Houston Rockets jersey?
Why did the Highlanders feel the need to reenact the tackle later for cameras, using another naked guy?
Why a chicken in the first place?
Channel 3 News TV New Zealand interviewed the chicken, who explained that he has already named the takedown:
“I call it the smother hen, you just wrap them up and pin them to the ground.”
And now, here’s a gallery of the greatest mascot tackles and takedowns of all time (mascots tackling people and other mascots only. No people tacking mascots, which is too easy).
- Filed Under:
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee