- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Christian School Bans 11-Year-Old Girl From Football Team Because Boys Might ‘Start Lusting After Her’
We’ve seen stories about girls being banned from playing youth football in the past, but never has one been this majestically comical. We take you now to Locust Grove, GA, where an 11-year-old girl, Maddy Paige, has been told by her Christian school that she will not be allowed to play football next year. Reason? Pre-teen Lust.
Maddy was the only girl on the Strong Rock Christian School team last season as a sixth-grader, and by all accounts was one of the school’s better players at defensive end. She had four sacks (five if you use mom’s stats), and said she had a great time, and that all of her teammates and coaches were supportive of her coming back the following season. But recently the school told her she wouldn’t be allowed to play.
“It’s like taking my dream and throwing it in the trash,” Maddy said.
Athletic Director Phil Roberts e-mailed 11Alive News a statement saying, “Our official policy is that middle school girls play girl sports and middle school boys play boy sports.”
But Mr. Roberts was much more descriptive when he talked in private with Maddy’s mom, Cassie. She explained in an interview with WXIA-TV Atlanta:
“In the meeting with the CEO of the school, I was told that the reasons behind it were, one, that the boys were going to start lusting after her, and have impure thoughts about her. And that locker room talk was not appropriate for a female to hear, even though she had a separate locker room from the boys.”
Because if you’re an 12-year-old boy, you really want to hit on that girl in full pads next to you in the suicide drill.
Of course this isn’t going to get really interesting until someone starts suing someone for gender discrimination. I was going to say that the Paiges should sue the school district back to the Middle Ages, but it looks like they’re already there.
Maddy will appear on the Thom Hartmann Show tonight at 7:30.
Let Her Play [Facebook]
Let Her Play [Twitter]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story