- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
College Baseball Player Responds To HBP By Throwing His Bat At The Pitcher
Sometimes in baseball, pitchers throw the ball at batters. This happens. You get a base and a bruise out of it, and you move on with your life. A dirty look aimed at the pitcher, perhaps along with some choice words, is also an acceptable course of action. But you never, ever throw your bat at the pitcher.
In a college summer league game between the California Warriors and the Humboldt Crabs, exactly that happened. Check it out:
Although the video quality is horrendous, you can tell that the batter threw his bat pretty damn hard towards the mound. He missed, so the pitcher is fine, but that’s really dangerous and I’d be surprised if a suspension or discipline of some sort isn’t forthcoming.
In other news, they’re teaching players how to pretend to fight at a pretty young age now. They did a good job selling the anger after they cleared the benches. I felt the fake tension in the air.
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'