- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
College Baseball Player Responds To HBP By Throwing His Bat At The Pitcher
Sometimes in baseball, pitchers throw the ball at batters. This happens. You get a base and a bruise out of it, and you move on with your life. A dirty look aimed at the pitcher, perhaps along with some choice words, is also an acceptable course of action. But you never, ever throw your bat at the pitcher.
In a college summer league game between the California Warriors and the Humboldt Crabs, exactly that happened. Check it out:
Although the video quality is horrendous, you can tell that the batter threw his bat pretty damn hard towards the mound. He missed, so the pitcher is fine, but that’s really dangerous and I’d be surprised if a suspension or discipline of some sort isn’t forthcoming.
In other news, they’re teaching players how to pretend to fight at a pretty young age now. They did a good job selling the anger after they cleared the benches. I felt the fake tension in the air.
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Why Are Buffalo Bills Fans Banning Bon Jovi Music?
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead