- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Female Motocross Rider Celebrates Too Early, Wipes Out, Loses Gold, Cries
When a motocross announcer says “Did that really happen?”, you know it’s probably worth watching.
Meghan Rutledge is 18 years old, and she had a nice lead on the last lap of the Women’s Moto X event the X-Games in Los Angeles on Saturday night. But then she decided to pull a Leon Lett and begin fist-pumping before the finish line.
Degree of difficulty: high, because she was in mid-air at the time. On a motorcycle. And so, she landed wrong and dumped the bike, allowing second-place Vicki Golden to become first-place Vicki Golden.
And speaking of that name, Golden won her third straight gold medal in that event.
Rutledge, to ESPN:
“If I had stayed on the bike, there was no way I could have lost. I had one straight to go. But, you know, mistakes happen.”
- Head to Head: Pacquiao vs. Rios
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Manny Pacquiao Facing Tax Problems in the U.S. Too?