- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
FIGHTIN’ ROUND THE WORLD: Aussie Baseball League Brawl Feels Like Excellent Bar Fight
As far as brawls go, this one’s a classic. Punches thrown, punches landed, people getting dragged, dust kicking up — we give it four stars. The Brisbane Bandits and Sydney Blue Sox of the Australian Baseball League got into it á la South Park’s Russell Crowe after Tampa Bay prospect Patrick Leonard trucked Pittsburgh Pirates catcher Daniel Arribas. Nothing to get all that riled up about — at least not until Leonard’s Blue Sox teammate Joshua Roberts sprinted out from the dugout like George Brett after his home run was called off, and squarely punched Arribas in the face.
[NESN] Roberts, a former rugby player who also spent time in the Cleveland Indians’ minor league system, was punished most harshly for the incident. His six-game suspension is the longest in ABL history.
So there’s another contact sport in Australia that isn’t the newly expanded “lingerie football league”? Hmmmph.
- 10 Most Gruesome MMA Arm Injuries
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'