- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
FIGHTIN’ ROUND THE WORLD: Aussie Baseball League Brawl Feels Like Excellent Bar Fight
As far as brawls go, this one’s a classic. Punches thrown, punches landed, people getting dragged, dust kicking up — we give it four stars. The Brisbane Bandits and Sydney Blue Sox of the Australian Baseball League got into it á la South Park’s Russell Crowe after Tampa Bay prospect Patrick Leonard trucked Pittsburgh Pirates catcher Daniel Arribas. Nothing to get all that riled up about — at least not until Leonard’s Blue Sox teammate Joshua Roberts sprinted out from the dugout like George Brett after his home run was called off, and squarely punched Arribas in the face.
[NESN] Roberts, a former rugby player who also spent time in the Cleveland Indians’ minor league system, was punished most harshly for the incident. His six-game suspension is the longest in ABL history.
So there’s another contact sport in Australia that isn’t the newly expanded “lingerie football league”? Hmmmph.
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship