- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
FIGHTIN’ ROUND THE WORLD: Aussie Baseball League Brawl Feels Like Excellent Bar Fight
As far as brawls go, this one’s a classic. Punches thrown, punches landed, people getting dragged, dust kicking up — we give it four stars. The Brisbane Bandits and Sydney Blue Sox of the Australian Baseball League got into it á la South Park’s Russell Crowe after Tampa Bay prospect Patrick Leonard trucked Pittsburgh Pirates catcher Daniel Arribas. Nothing to get all that riled up about — at least not until Leonard’s Blue Sox teammate Joshua Roberts sprinted out from the dugout like George Brett after his home run was called off, and squarely punched Arribas in the face.
[NESN] Roberts, a former rugby player who also spent time in the Cleveland Indians’ minor league system, was punished most harshly for the incident. His six-game suspension is the longest in ABL history.
So there’s another contact sport in Australia that isn’t the newly expanded “lingerie football league”? Hmmmph.
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'