- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
FIGHTIN’ ROUND THE WORLD: Aussie Baseball League Brawl Feels Like Excellent Bar Fight
As far as brawls go, this one’s a classic. Punches thrown, punches landed, people getting dragged, dust kicking up — we give it four stars. The Brisbane Bandits and Sydney Blue Sox of the Australian Baseball League got into it á la South Park’s Russell Crowe after Tampa Bay prospect Patrick Leonard trucked Pittsburgh Pirates catcher Daniel Arribas. Nothing to get all that riled up about — at least not until Leonard’s Blue Sox teammate Joshua Roberts sprinted out from the dugout like George Brett after his home run was called off, and squarely punched Arribas in the face.
[NESN] Roberts, a former rugby player who also spent time in the Cleveland Indians’ minor league system, was punished most harshly for the incident. His six-game suspension is the longest in ABL history.
So there’s another contact sport in Australia that isn’t the newly expanded “lingerie football league”? Hmmmph.
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?
- Trade Bait: The Fate of Chris Johnson
- Where To Go: Johnny Football or Not?