- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Carolina Panthers Season Preview
- Calvin Johnson Won't Be This Year's Top Receiver And 9 Other Bold Fantasy Predictions
- Josh Shaw May Have Made Up That Heroism Story: USC Investigating
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Floyd Mayweather Had The Most Ridiculous Entourage For His Fight Last Night
Floyd Mayweather is so money, he can do pretty much whatever he wants. And — whether it was some kind of marketing scheme or practical joke — he wanted to have a Canadian pop singer and Queens rapper escort him to the ring for his fight against Miguel Cotto. Funny, we didn’t figure Mayweather to be a “Belieber.”
That’s right: Justin Bieber and 50 Cent were in Money’s entourage before his multi-multi-multi-million dollar fight in Las Vegas. Why? Well, why not? (Video via Huffington Post):
The two artists were joined in the ring by Lil’ Wayne after the fight as well. Clearly, Cotto never stood a chance — not with everybody’s favorite “Baby” in the other corner, and I don’t mean Weezy F. [Update: Also, as noted in the comments, Triple H was there too (?!)]
Bieber is the big winner here, as he gets serious street cred for rolling with arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter out there. Mayweather, on the other hand, is either trying to make a play for the “young, impressionable pre-teen to high school girls” demographic, or heard Bieber freestyle last year and mistook him for a real rapper. Either scenario is possible here.
But seriously, as everyone knows, Mayweather gets money. And if this really was some sort of tie-in (it couldn’t be that he wanted Bieber there for emotional support, right?), props to Mayweather for promoting himself and his brand up until the very last second before this fight. That’s impressive dedication to the cause — the cause of getting super, mega, ultra-rich.
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'
- Bellator 121 Brings Cruel Reality Checks
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ